We are pleased to announce the addition of another new speaker to our exciting agenda. Jill Sommers, Commissioner of the Commodities Futures Trading Commission (CFTC) will be joining us, along with the three key speakers previously announced below:
- Donald Kohn, the former Vice Chairman of the Federal Reserve who worked side by side with Ben Bernanke in responding to the global financial crisis, and
- Neil Wolin, Deputy Secretary of the Treasury, and
- Norah O'Donnell, Washington correspondent for MSNBC and NBC's Today Show (Oct. 25 dinner speaker)
In addition, the conference welcomes more than 20 senior-level executive panelists representing top government agencies such as the CFTC, SEC, U.S. Department of Justice, and the IMF and others in senior leadership positions in the industry from companies such as Blackstone, Capital One, NYSE Euronext, and PNC, as well as leaders in academia.
The panels will discuss the following topics:
- The New Systemic Risk Regulatory Regime
- Punishment and Deterrence: The Role of Enforcement in our Financial Markets
- The Asset Management Industry in the New Regulatory Order
- Consumer Protection: A New Paradigm
- Coming Into the Light: The New Derivatives Regulatory Structure
Financial Reform: What's Next?
October 25-26, 2010
Georgetown University McDonough School of Business
Rafik B. Hariri Building (map)
For more information on the event, including a detailed agenda, confirmed speakers, and hotel information please visit our event website. We hope you can join us for a cocktail reception and dinner on October 25.
Please watch for more speaker updates in the
You can earn the group-live CPE credit hour for this event.